A Quick Summary
The International Congress for Joint Reconstruction (ICJR) collects information about you to manage your ICJR account, process your meeting or membership registration, and send you information about our educational content and services for the orthopaedic community. We also use your information collected from our website to personalize repeat visits you make to the website.
If you agree, we will share your information with our partner, the Foundation for Orthopaedic Research and Education (FORE), so that they may offer you details on their meetings. We will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside our group unless you have agreed to have your information shared.
Your privacy is very important to us, which is why we want to make sure you are always in control of what we do with your personal information. You may change your contact preferences at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that no statistical information that identifies you personally will be published, and no personal information will be kept longer than necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. If you ask us to do so, it will be deleted.
What Personal Information Do We Collect on the Site?
Information You Volunteer. We collect the personal information you knowingly and voluntarily provide when you use the site; for example, the information you provide when you:
- Register to use the site
- Register to attend one of our meetings
- Sign up to become a Member of ICJR
- When you submit any feedback on the site
In addition, we collect your name, e-mail address, user name, and password when you contact us by e-mail or other means for any reason.
Information Sent to Us by Your Web Browser. We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser, such as
- Your IP address
- The address of the web page you were visiting when you accessed the site or an advertisement hosted by us on a third-party website
- Information on your operating system and browser
- The date and time of your visit
The information we receive depends on the settings on your web browser.
The information provided by your browser does not identify you personally. We use this non-personal information primarily to create statistics that help us improve the site and our business. In addition, we may review our server logs for security purposes, such as detecting intrusions into our network. If we suspect criminal activity, we might share our server logs — which contain visitors’ IP addresses — with the appropriate investigative authorities who could use that information to trace and identify individuals.
- A session cookie assigns a randomly-generated, unique identification number to your computer when you access the site or advertisements hosted by us on third-party websites. A session cookie expires after you close your browser. Generally, we use session cookies to collect information about the ways visitors use the site. This information is known as click-stream information. Session cookies may also be used to facilitate your interactions with the site.
- A persistent cookie does not expire when you close your browser. A persistent cookie will stay on your computer until it expires or you delete it. Each time you visit the site, our web server will recognize you by searching the information contained in these cookies. By assigning your computer a persistent, unique identifier, we are able to create a database of your previous choices and preferences. This permits us to offer you a personalized experience when you use the site. Assigning your computer a persistent, unique identifier also helps us keep a more accurate account of how many people visit the site, how often they return, how their use of the site may vary over time, and how effective our promotional efforts are.
Neither session cookies nor persistent cookies identify you personally. if, however, you access the site by clicking on a link in an e-mail we have sent you, we may link the information collected by our cookies to information that identifies you personally.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. You may also delete our cookies as soon as you leave the site. Although you are not required to accept our cookies when you visit the site, if you set your browser to reject cookies, you will not be able to use all of the features and functionality of the site.
We may also collect information regarding visits to advertisements we host on behalf of our clients, which may appear on third-party websites. This information may include the number of times an advertisement was viewed, how long the advertisement was viewed, the time of day the advertisement was viewed, and the IP address of the computer that viewed the advertisement (collectively, Advertising Data).
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the personal information collected through the site to:
- Process registration for one of our meetings
- Process your Membership application
- Send you information about our educational content, live meetings, and other products
- Improve the site and our business
The personal information collected is also used for identification and authentication and to contact you.
Advertising Data is used to help us, our clients, or potential clients evaluate the success of a particular advertising campaign.
With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may share personal information with the companies that perform services on our behalf – for example, companies that provide data management or other support services, such as data storage, web hosting, and hotel reservations for our live CME meetings.
We may disclose the personal information we collect through the site:
- To comply with applicable law (or a court order or subpoena) when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate
- To prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft
- To protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users or others
- To protect your vital interests
We may also share Advertising Data in aggregate form only (so that no personally identifiable information will be included) with our potential clients to assist them in assessing whether or how to advertise using the site.
Modifying Your Information: Opt-Out Clause
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use and disclose your personal information. You may update or modify your information or change your privacy preferences (such as whether you wish to receive promotional offers) at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to have your name removed from any of our mailing or subscription lists, please contact us at email@example.com or click the Unsubscribe link set forth in the relevant communication (typically provided at the end of such communication).
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. We have endeavored to put into place reasonable security measures in an effort to protect your personal information while it is under our control.
In addition, your account information is accessible online only through the use of a password. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the site by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
If you have any questions about our security practices, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to Third-Party Websites
The site and various advertisements hosted by us, if any, may contain links to websites that are not operated by us. These links are provided for your reference and convenience only and do not imply any endorsement of the activities of these third-party websites nor any association with their operators.
THIS SITE IS NOT MEANT FOR MINORS. You must be at least 18 years old, a qualified surgeon, and a registered user to post to the site. You must never reveal any personal information about yourselves on the site. If you are over 18 years old but have not yet reached the age of majority, you must have your parent or guardian’s permission to post to the site.