Travel Scholarships Available for ICJR’s New Course for Residents and Fellows
Through the generous support of our members and corporate partners, ICJR is offering qualifying US-based orthopaedic fellows and senior residents (PGY4 and PGY5) the opportunity to earn a travel scholarship to attend Advanced Techniques in Total Hip & Knee Arthroplasty, October 10-12 in New York.
A limited number of scholarships are available and will cover up to $1,000 of associated travel expenses including round-trip airfare, ground transportation, parking, and meals outside of the course. Please note that registration already includes complimentary lodging for up to 2 nights at the New York Marriott Marquis. Registrant’s room and tax charges will be directly billed to ICJR’s master account and will not be included in the travel scholarship amount.
The submission deadline to apply for a travel scholarship is Friday, August 30. Applications received after this date will not be accepted.
Recipients of the travel scholarships will be announced the following week.
Travel scholarships are limited to US applicants only.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled and in good standing in an orthopaedic residency or fellowship program
- Course registration, $100 refundable deposit payment, and Registration & Logistics Questionnaire must be submitted and confirmed by ICJR prior to application
- Agree to attend all educational sessions during the meeting
- Agree to accept the scholarship funding after the meeting has concluded
- Completed application and required documents must be received by the submission deadline
How to Apply
Please submit the following to email@example.com by no later than Friday, August 30:
- Travel scholarship application; click here to access the application
- A letter of support and verification of your eligibility for these scholarships from your appropriate program director
- A brief personal statement (200 words or less) addressing the importance of attending and what you hope to gain from this particular course
- Current curriculum vitae
More information about Advanced Techniques in Total Hip & Knee Arthroplasty is available at the course website.